The service must have an unambiguous web address.
Why is it important?
A permanent, unambiguous web address gives a sense of trust; long, changing URLs do not. Such as an address is likely to be more feasibly found and retained by both users and search engines. It can also give a sense of what the service is about.
What to do?
- Devise a URL for each service in the format http://library.tudelft.nl/service. The URL should match the verb-based description used in Standard 2.
- If a brand name already has traction with users that may be used
- For example, http://www.tudelft.nl/library/collegerama
- Alternatives can also be provided but they should resolve
- Use this URL in all relevant comms material
- Work with the Comms team to embed this URL in the web
- (On the ending of the service), leave the webpage in place explaining why the service ended.
- Discuss possible exceptions with the Comms Team